Hello! I enjoyed your game, it had a simple premise and was fun to wander around in. The shrines could have been a little more spaced out as I found two nearly side by side. But still good luck with your future projects! I made a let's play of your game here~
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Thanks so much for playing and taking the time to make a let's play. Those Shrines might have been placed close together due to the random placement code, and this can happen from time to time. Thanks again :)
I played your game and had some thoughts of improvement! Hope it helps!
- White border around text for better visibility.
- Pause function.
- No movement animation when moving with controller.
- No way to enter/exit caves with controller.
- You should be able to see the eyes of the character when moving downwards.
- I think I walked out of the map, a black border came and then it started blinking. It was after the third or fourth checkpoint thingy. I walked straight upwards for a while.
Anyway, this was my thoughts during the time I played. It's looking really good! :) You got inspiration from Journey didn't you? Good job!
Hmmm, odd. I had animations working with my controller but I'll look into fixing that for sure as well as the black border issue which I haven't encountered in my playtests. But thank you for the critiques and taking the time to play and write this up. Always much appreciated when making these things :)
And yes, Journey was a little inspiring ;)
https://gyazo.com/ce455fa6dce3bf9cf957b4f969ad86b6 (Sorry about the laggy gif :P)
There's a gif on the issue. I played on windows 10 64-bit Home Edition if it helps you to know.
Happy I could help :)